Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Progressive Alaskan Writers Wanted

From the beginning of this blog back in early November, 2007, I've hoped that writers on progressive issues from around the state would be able to contribute essays. Progressive Alaska has printed or reprinted several essays by contributors now, but I'm looking for more. A lot more.

The site had over 2,000 unique visitors last week. Readership is growing at 7% per week. Less than half are from out of state, and Alaskans from all over read articles at Progressive Alaska.

There's no way for one person or a small group of people to know, let alone write about in authoritative and picturesque ways, all the issues facing Alaskans.

I can't thank the people enough, who have brought articles here, written helpful comments, e-mailed me links and quotes, and so on! If you want to write here, know somebody who might, or have other ideas along those lines, let Progressive Alaska know.

1 comment:

Ishmael said...

Philp,

I love the symbolism of the fingerless gloves without fingers in them!

I'll ask around -- I bet I know some good writers who don't necessarially want full-blown blogs of their own...

Cheers!

Ish